Feedback, Complaints and Compliments

We are committed to providing high quality and safe educational and support services for our students and the general community. If you have a suggestion, compliment, complaint or identified solution to an issue, we want to know about it. In some cases, it may not be possible for us to take any action on the feedback unless content of the feedback can be verified.
Learn more about

Lodge feedback, complaints or compliments

If you would like to lodge feedback, complaints or compliments, you can do so in accordance with the organisation’s Complaint Resolution and Appeal Procedure and using the below forms.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I provide feedback anonymously?
Yes you can. However, it is not possible for us to provide a response unless we have contact details. Sometimes we need to verify the content of the feedback before any action or investigation can be undertaken. If no contact details are provided, then further action may not be possible.

If I provide my contact details, how will my privacy be maintained?
South West TAFE collects personal information from our clients in many ways. In each case the privacy of the individual is our utmost priority. We have obligations to maintain the individual’s privacy in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 and the Information Privacy Act 2000.

Will my feedback be acknowledged?
If you wish to be contacted in relation to your feedback, you will need to provide us with an email, phone number or postal address when you submit your feedback.

Who can I contact regarding my feedback?
The Audit & Compliance Officer is South West TAFE’s nominated contact for all complaints or feedback issues. Please contact them via the feedback link provided on the website or phone 1300 648 911.

What information will you retain regarding my feedback?
Any documentation provided as part of your feedback or collected during an investigation of your claims, will be retained in accordance with Public Records Office, Victoria, Authority for Records of Higher and Further Education Institutions.

Can I access information retained in relation to my feedback?
Yes you can. You will need to complete a Freedom of Information claim. You will only be provided with access to this information, if you have previously provided your contact details in relation to the feedback.

How can I provide feedback about my experiences while studying at South West TAFE?
A short survey is available to all enrolled students to provide feedback about their experiences while studying with us. We will use this feedback to help improve the quality of our training programs and associated services.


While South West TAFE endeavours to resolve all issues raised through our Complaints Resolution Procedure there may be instances where you are not satisfied with the resolution and/or decision provided by the organisation.

If the organisation is unable to resolve your complaint and you would like the matter to be reconsidered, you do have the option of an internal appeal. You can also seek an external review of the organisations decision by the Victorian Ombudsman.

The Victorian Ombudsman

The Victorian Ombudsman is an independent officer of the Victorian Parliament who investigates complaints about state government departments, most statutory authorities and local government. The Ombudsman is independent and impartial and provides a free service.

Contact Details for the Victorian Ombudsman
 Level 2, 570 Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
Phone: 03 9613 6222 or 1800 806 314 (Regional)

Learn more about studying with us